Marilyn Monroe #3
Last night I painted this in watercolors. To get the pattern in her shirt, I dropped coarse sea salt on the wet paint and let it dry. Then I scraped it off. I like this technique for obtaining patterns on clothes. I never know how it will turn out which makes it more fun!
Then this morning I decided to add some acrylic inks for more intense color and bring out some details in her hair. I also added red acrylic ink to her lips and shirt. Lastly, I added the black India ink.
I really enjoyed the challenge of drawing and painting this pose with her head turned up.
Have a wonderful day! 😀