ANGEL FISH MIXED MEDIA
For the last couple of days I worked on this angel fish. I haven’t done a lot of mixed media art, but that’s what this one became.
1) I lightly drew the fish in pencil in my art journal.
2) I used a variety of Washi tape pieces to fill in its design.
3) I used my Arteza Real Brush Pens to outline it in color and draw its eye.
4) I painted the background with acrylics.
5) I painted over the whole thing with Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish and used a hair dryer to speed up the drying time.
6) I found some old colored rocks we used in a fish tank many years ago which I actually stumbled onto while looking for something else! Since the colors matched my fish, I decided to glue them down around the bottom for a coral reef!
7) I glued the whole picture to the next piece of paper in my journal to give it more weight. Then I sprayed it with Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher Matte.
8) Lastly, I added a little foliage with my brush pens. Then I took it out of my journal so I could display it in my studio with all of my toy box pieces.
Even though this took a couple of days, it was fun! I enjoyed working with materials I haven’t used in a long time. But most of all I thoroughly enjoyed the process!
This angel fish was something I mentioned I would do a LONG time ago. So I do get around to doing what I said I would do…eventually! 😉
This was a really fun way to explore using different materials! I also did another project yesterday in my other art journal that I will post tomorrow.
Have a wonderful day and give someone you love a big hug! 😀