Encouragement for Writing/Art
Since I have been working on a few different picture book ideas and have completed one first draft of text and art, also one new longer story but only a few pictures for it so far, I have been perusing publishing websites, and reading books about how to write picture books. Here is something I found that you may find useful. Below is the web address where this came from.
Many aspiring book authors find it difficult to dedicate time to writing. Here are five ideas on how you can maximize your writing time while trying to keep distractions at bay.
- Write offline.The Internet can both be a good source of information and distraction. An obvious solution is to disconnect your desktop or laptop from the Internet and write offline.
- Schedule your “distractions.”List down important tasks and errands, and make a schedule for these tasks. Then, when you’re done with them, just write. No more excuses that you can’t find enough writing time.
- Turn off your cell phone.How can you concentrate on your writing if you’re checking your phone every few minutes? Do yourself a huge favor, and turn off your phone for the duration of your writing time.
- Find your own writing place.When you’re in a comfortable writing place, you tend to leave distractions at the door. For some, a comfortable writing place is a quiet library; for others, it’s a busy coffee shop. The point is to find your own special writing place, get comfortable, and just start writing.
- Write early mornings or late nights.Early-morning writing provides some writing time before a busy day begins, while late-night writing gives peace of mind because a busy working day is done.
Try these tips and you might just finish your novel, autobiography, or collection of short stories or poems earlier than expected.
Happy writing and drawing to all of you writers and artists out there! Have a wonderful day, and give someone you love a big hug!
Posted on April 11, 2016, in Art Talk and tagged art, creative writing, depression. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment