Worksheet #6 – Strengths and Weaknesses
Continuing on with questions from Margaret Peot’s book, The Successful Artist’s Career Guide,” I realize that I may have given some answers as to what my strengths and weaknesses are, but for the sake of having something to post about, here are more. 🙂
Name your five greatest strengths. They can be artistic, like, “I draw figures really well,” or “I am an excellent colorist.” They can also be social strengths, like “I work well with others,” or “I organize my time well.”
My five greatest strengths are:
2. No lack of ideas for art
3. Following through on projects started until they are done
5. Strong boundaries with others
Name five of your weaknesses. These can be artistic like, “I draw babies poorly,” or social, such as, “I am too impatient with beginners,” or “I do not mentor others well,” or “I am too emotional; I take criticism to heart.”
1. Sometimes I am too emotional depending on the situation. I have been feeling a bit down since putting my art out for sale for the first time locally. It was hard not to feel a little rejected when people barely glanced at my work, but stopped and bought other people’s. However, I realize the other artists there are already established in the area pretty well. So it really isn’t fair to myself to even make such a comparison.
2. I cannot do contour drawing well at all!
3. I struggle to draw people, animals or objects by sight. I work better with photos, because I feel I get things to look more accurate.
4. At times I become too easily discouraged.
5. I don’t always manage my time well.
So there you have some of me in a nutshell. I don’t always like listing strengths and weaknesses, but at times it is a good self-evaluation. I hope to improve on my weaknesses someday, but part of me wonders if some of these are just part of my natural personality and will be things I struggle with forever!
What are one or two of your strengths and/or weaknesses?
Posted on June 2, 2014, in Art Talk and tagged art, drawing, The Successful Artist's Career Guide. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
I think this is a great self evaluation, I would say my weakness is becoming too easily distracted and strength always being inspired
Thank you! You know, I can’t believe I didn’t list that weakness! That’s one of my biggest ones. Thanks for the input! 🙂
Also, I love your stacker rings, but I couldn’t find where to leave a comment?